My Education Story

Present day and I am stressed. I am a freshman at Oxford High School. My teacher told me to do this so here it is.

The thing that keeps me coming to school is football. I love this sport. It makes me feel great when i’m on the field. My dad is completely on my side, and he thinks I can make it somewhere so I am going to try real hard to get there.

None of my parents went to collage, but my sister is on the right track to attend UAB. My dad is going back to collage though to become a better barber. He wants to be able to cut every races hair not just African Americans. My mom is also thinking about going back if she can find time too.

I want to attend the University of Miami or Georgia University to play football and major in sports medicine. I have also been thinking about going into the air force to play football. Lots of decisions.

The reason I am stressed now is because of one class. This class has been the hardest class I have took all my life. I do not even have time to study for any other class because I am spending most of my time studying for history. It feels like when I end studying for one test and take the test I forget everything I have studied and learned. In the past years I never needed to study. I mostly made A’s and a B every blue moon. Once I got to high school and enrolled in this class I have to study every night for a 50 question test at the end of the week.

I never get in trouble with my teacher and I always do the work. Teachers say if you do the work and study for the test you will make good grades. When I reached 9th grade Pre-Ap history I have found that not to be true. Since I know this I just try my best and do not complain and take responsibility for it when I get asked by my mom why I have this grade. Sometimes she understands but most of the time she expects more from me, and to be honest I can’t argue with her.